HOT SPOTS & IRRITATED SKIN
Pet parents must pay close attention to environmental, dietary and situational ailments irritating your pet’s skin such as: allergies, fleas, tick bites, matted/thick/dirty coats, sun burn, wet dogs, or anal sac disease. These ailments can cause you pet to chew, lick, bite, and scratch those areas – at times – to no avail, which can become very painful and dangerous for your pet. Sometimes chewing can even be prompted by boredom. Hot spots and inflammation can occur quite rapidly after a pet starts itching, biting and licking these affected areas – which will prompt the development of painful, red, and moist irritated lesions. These lesions are called hot spots, also known as acute moist dermatitis, and must be treated immediately.
TIPS FOR PREVENTING HOT SPOTS
- Groom your dog regularly and keep hair clipped short.
- Use flea & tick products recommended by your vet.
- Keep your pet active and healthy. Feed a good diet, and provide lots of exercise and play time to prevent boredom.
- Dry your pet completely after a bath, and clean and dry pet after a swim in the lake or ocean.
It’s important to determine the cause of the underlying issue, thus you should consult your veterinarian if hot spots become a persistent problem. In between vet visits, , Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Hot Spot & Itch Relief line provides Hydrocortisone, a corticosteroid to control itching and inflammation while Lidocaine, an OTC analgesic reduces pain.
Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Hot Spot & Itch Relief Spray provides medicated analgesic and anti-inflammatory rapid relief of inflammation, pruitis (itchy skin) and associated conditions.
- Lidocaine: Relieves itching, burning and pain from skin inflammations.
- Hydrocortisone: Reduces the cause of inflammation, redness and swelling.
- Allantoin: Helps stimulate healing of wounds.
- Glycerin: Treats dry, rough, scaly, itchy skin and minor skin irritations.
- Wheat Germ Oil: Humectant & antioxidant properties moisturize & protect skin.
- Paraben-Free: Parabens have been found to mimic estrogen in the body- and when levels are disrupted, a link has developed with breast cancer & reproductive issues. All our formulas are Paraben-Free, to promote the safety, well-being and health of your pet.
- Spot–on-Safe: Will not remove topical spot-on flea & tick treatments.
- Bi-Lingual & Spanish Packaging
- Relieves skin conditions and hot spots. Common causes are weakened immune system, allergies and insect bites.
- Symptoms of these conditions are itchy, swollen, redness, warm/hot to the touch, moist, bloody and sometimes pus.
- Allantoin helps stimulate healing of wounds.
- Lidocaine relieves itching, burning and pain from skin inflammations. Hydrocortisone: reduces the cause of inflammation, redness and swelling.
- Use with Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Hot Spot & Itch Relief Shampoo & Conditioner for a comprehensive solution.
Shake well. Spray affected area thoroughly and evenly until wet. Treat twice daily for one week, then once per day for one more week. If needed, continue every other day for two additional weeks. For topical use only on dogs and cats over 12 weeks. Avoid contact with eyes. If irritation develops, discontinue use and consult your veterinarian.